The fashions that helped to define an era of self-expression have found their groove again in 2012, thanks to MadMen. The 60′s era’s sweeping social, political and cultural changes made everything from skirts above the knee to knee-high boots a cool look; counterculture groups like London’s “mod” scene and America’s “hippie” sect influenced the styles and clothing types produced by mainstream fashion brands.
MOD: Who could forget the amazing London looks, long legs and iconic poses of Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton? Look to these styles for an update on a mod look:
- Long-lashed eyes & light lipsticks
- Colorful abstract graphic patterns.
- Short, “Sassoon” hairdos.
- Flat loafers
- Swing coats and capes.
KITTEN: Softer than a mod look, & sexy. The inspiration? 60′s era’s stunning screen stars.
- In at the waist, accentuating the bust and hips
- Kitten heels
- Pencil skirts or full skirts
- Monochromatic cream & black.
- Effortless hair ala Bridgette Bardot and dramatic eyeliner.
- ankle-length, brightly colored maxi skirts
- textiles & beads from around the world.
- crochet and lace tops.
- Boots & sandals
- fringed handbags