It’s a little damp this weekend in the Hamptons, but just because there’s a lack of sun doesn’t mean there’s a lack of fun. Here’s a great list of five fun things to do when it rains on the East End.
1. Wine Tasting – During the day, a classy way to drink and enjoy the indoors is to do a wine tasting at one of the countless vineyards on the North Fork or at Wolffer Estate Vineyards or Duckwalk Vineyards on the South Fork. You can view a list of all of the great vineyards on the East End by clicking here.
2. Go See Live Theater – The 350-seat Suffolk Theater is a unique Art Deco movie theater located on Main Street in Riverhead will have live shows all weekend long beginning at 7:30 p.m. The theater has a full bar and food menu. Friday night is a Chicago band tribute, Saturday night is the Ladies of Laughter Funny and Fabulous Tour and Sunday night is the band, “Who Are Those Guys?” Visit suffolktheater.org. You can also check out live theater at Bay Street Theatre on Saturday at 11 a.m. for ”MARTHA SPEAKS” live on stage. The hugely popular children’s animated series, MARTHA SPEAKS, is seen daily on PBS Kids and based on Susan Meddaugh’s best-selling children’s books. Martha the dog is given the power of speech after eating alphabet soup. This live presentation will have something to say for all ages. Visit baystreet.org.
3. Check Out The Art Galleries – Gallery hopping in the Hamptons is a lot of fun, especially if you are in the market to buy fine art. Some famous names such as the Vered Gallery in East Hampton, The Monika Olko Gallery in Sag Harbor, the Eric Firestone Gallery in East Hampton and the Tripoli Gallery in Southampton are all great places to meet with the gallery owners and tour fine artwork coming in from all over the world. Click here to see a list of galleries.
4. Get Some Coffee – The Hamptons has some really great places to sit down, relax and enjoy conversation with a cup of Joe. Besides Starbucks in East Hampton and Bridgehampton, there is Hampton Coffee in Wainscott and its new location in Southampton, as well as Coffee Tauk in Montauk. And over on the North Fork, you can find a great spot in Greenport at the Greenport Tea Co. Oh! And let’s not forget about Golden Pear in Bridge, East and Southampton.
5. Learn Your Future – An astrologer has opened up shop for the first time in the Hamptons this year, rightly named, “The Hamptons Astrologer“. Learn your future by stopping in and saying hello. Click here to learn more.