I’ve become totally obsessed with Instagram of late (search #oliversees, if you’re interested) so it seemed appropriate to post some of the best photos tagged with #hamptons from the app today.
It’s amazing what people come up with. Maybe it has something to do with all the great filters, the blurring effect, etc. You’ve got to love “Lo-Fi,” “Sutro,” “Brannan” and the rest…
The below photos represent a cross section of Hamptons culture, people, events and all the other things we love about the East End. Some pictures may have been technically or compositionally better than what I present below, but these seem to paint a good picture of life on the Twin Forks this Labor Day weekend.
The fishing shot by #ltaylorgrant above (which was probably taken at Fresh Pond beach in Amagansett) could be the most perfect Hamptons moment of them all. But you tell us!
Check out the images below and tell us your favorite Hamptons Instagram moment.
1. Let’s get rolling with this scenic shot by #kgb2. It really takes advantage of the weekend’s cloudy skies (if it was actually taken this weekend) and shows off a lovely East End estate.
2. The Hamptons wouldn’t be the same without those venerable local establishments that have withstood years of growth and change, and the addition of so many new and international businesses. This shot of Candy Kitchen in Bridgehampton by #__stylerr__ shows one of the best.
3. Most everyone loves surfing in the Hamptons, even those who’ve never even paddled on a board. #brookheart celebrates that culture, and captures a handsome dude, in this picture.
4. What would we do for lunch without a tasty lobster roll? This pic by #thacrownjules makes the mouth water.
5. Summer in the Hamptons and celebrity are pretty much synonymous these days. #thacrownjules poses in her shot with Bravo network exec and reality show mastermind Andy Cohen, one of the people who brought the East End to televisions around the world.
6. #teddyweiss sets a nostalgic mood and displays another Hamptons summer favorite: Fireworks!
7. If I understand the description on Instagram, this photo by #rickyd__11 shows members of the Georgica Restaurant staff having fun in East Hampton. Nights out are usually delightful, thanks to the good-humored servers, hosts, hostesses, bus boys, chefs and others who make and deliver our meals.
8. Of course the Hamptons isn’t always full of smiles and good will. #bbnuge, and this parking job, reminds us of the fun we had “spotting” idiots and douches on Facebook this summer.
9. Thankfully, this wetlands shot by #gpp512 helps us realize exactly why we live here, or visit, in the first place. What a view!
10. The partying doesn’t hurt either, for those who enjoy booze and boo–, um, babes.
11. Here, #marciatucker commemorates the Hamptons’ biggest end-of-summer event, the Hampton Classic, which ended today.
12. Of course, a nice boat can do many things a horse cannot, as we see in this pic by #bradokun.
13. The art culture here ain’t too shabby either. #wittysend shows us work by Dan Flavin at the artist’s little known Dia Center museum in Bridgehampton. Go there if you’ve never been!
14. Who doesn’t like to play in the sand? #wardo211 shows s the art in beach relaxation with this sandcastle pic.
15. #leesuh312 captures a lovely image of one of Montauk’s greatest spots for “Lunch.” Lunch you say? Yup, that’s Lunch.
16. This amazing photographer #oliversees (ha ha, that’s me!) pictures the Princess Diner in Southampton, letting us know we don’t always have to go high end in the Hamptons.
17. #unnvmee adds a little love and fun on the beach to the list.
18. And finally, #stephenmcgee captures one more magical moment in the Hamptons.
So who says it best? Which picture represents your Hamptons experience? Sound off in the comments below, and enjoy the rest of this extended weekend.
Pages: 1 2