Fire Claims Donated House, Still on Wheels, at Shinnecock Reservation

A fire early Monday destroyed an unoccupied house, that was still on transport wheels, at the Shinnecock Indian Reservation, according to fire officials.

2nd Assistant Chief Chris Brenner said the Southampton Fire Department was called at 4:58 a.m. The first to arrive found that the residence was fully engulfed in flames, he said, and all hands were requested to come to the scene. “The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes,” Brenner said.

The house had previously resided on First Neck Lane in Southampton Village, but was donated within the last month, Brenner said.

Southampton Volunteer Ambulance provided firefighter assessment.

Southampton Town fire marshals and New York State police investigators were on scene Monday morning.

Firefighters soak down an unoccupied residence on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation. Photo credit: Courtesy Southampton Fire Department

Firefighters soak down an unoccupied residence on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation. Photo credit: Courtesy Southampton Fire Department

Flames engulf an unoccupied residence on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation. Photo credit: Courtesy Southampton Fire Department

Flames engulf an unoccupied residence on the Shinnecock Indian Reservation. Photo credit: Courtesy Southampton Fire Department

BACK TO The Scoop

 
logo
You must be logged in to vote.
logo